Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why I Cant Sell My Kia For A Good Price



    I went to a car dealership once and when I asked them how much they are willing to accept my dads Kia Carens for, they said 20k.the shitty part is we bought the car for almost 100 only less then 5 years ago. Even a 15 year old Honda costs more. Well that’s the case for a Carens, the salesman said if you want to sell a Spectra "you better just keep it la boss, no point selling".

    So this begs the question why. Why does the Kia mark have such a bad resale value? Well firstly to me Kia's are not badly made like some might claim it to be. For instance the Carens is quite spacious and comfortable inside. But the engine is SCREWED UP...it takes as much petrol as a tank. And to those who need a picture, my brother and I once went to Bangsar. We poured rm 10 worth of petrol and mind you Bangsar is like 15 minutes away from my place. The petrol only lasted for about quarter the way after Bangsar. A MYVi could probably do 2 trips on rm10. So we can safely conclude that Kia's don’t have the best engine management system in terms of fuel.
    Further (well this might not be entirely Kia's fault) but other car manufacturers such as Naza have come out with models that look exactly like the Kia models for example the Naza Citra which looks entirely like the Kia Carens.However I’m not saying that there has been a classic case of as in Malaysian terms"ciplaking" due to the fact that there may have been deals made between Naza and Kia. The Naza Citra cost about 80k as compared to the Kia at almost 95k at the time. So who in the right mind would opt for the Kia when the Naza offers a better 2.0 engine and better gadgets like a DVD player compared to the sluggish 1.8 engine offered by the folks at Kia.
    I’m not against Kia in anyway but I’m just giving the review of one of the cars that Kia sells based on my own experiences with the car. And if you are saying that maybe the problems that I have highlighted only applies to the Carens, I would happily refer you to a friend who drives the Kia Spectra and who is not a happy camper and just waiting to get rid of it. So the folks at Kia may want to take note...You are doing a beautiful job with the cars but the engine is something that you have to look into.

JEREMY VINESH

No comments:

Post a Comment